Friday, July 28, 2006

Liam is 2!!

Liam had his 2nd birthday on the 21st. We had a few friends over in the afternoon and then had more cake and ice cream in the evening with daddy. Aiden was very excited too and a bit jealous. He kept saying "its my birthday mom". LOL! But he got to reap all the rewards of Liams toys and has loved having new toys around to play with.

Some exciting new things that have happened over the past year-

Liam is finally growing hair! Its not much but I think that by his 3rd birthday he will need a trim. I am gonna miss his baldy head though. I love his little fuzz head, its so soft and rubbable (is that a word?)

He is talking up a storm. Its amazing how helpful it can be when he wakes up screaming in the middle of the night and can say "I want water, mommy" and then "I want more water". And he loves to sing. I bought the boys "The Laurie Berkner Band" DVD and they both love singing the songs from it. One of the sweetest sounds in the whole world is the sound of my boys singing. Its just so cute!

He has started potty training! I'm not going too gung ho on it as of yet, but he spends so much time naked and has really been showing an interest so we are starting. He pees in the potty a lot, as long as I remind him he is pretty good about it. No poops yet, but thats ok, I know it will happen over these next months.

He still has his wild Liam attitude. He spent his first year screaming and though that has calmed he still throws fits like nothing I have ever seen. The kid is headstrong and has no fear! He is such a daredevil. It makes me glad that Aiden is a more mellow kid, I think Liam will be tempered by it and Aiden will be motivated by Liam. They are the best of friends. Aiden even tells me "Liam is my best friend in the whole world". It just makes my heart burst when he says that. Of course there are also the times when Liam angers him and out comes "Liam isnt my friend anymore!" LOL!

He sleeps at night!! WOW I thought that one would never ever happen. And it still isnt consistent but we do have nights where he sleeps all night long. This only started happening a few months ago, and I am so thankful for it. He does wake up around 6-7 and climbs in bed for snuggles for an hour or 2 in the morning, but thats ok with me. After 20+ months of waking up numerous times a night, I will take it! And actually I like the morning snuggles. Liam is the biggest cuddler, I call him my little koala bear cause he just gloms on. He acts like such a tough guy but underneath it all he is just a cuddly little boy who loves to be held. :-)




2 Comments:

Blogger Tamra said...

Happy birthday Liam!

8/17/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww.....Happy (belated) Birthday, Liam!!

9/11/2006 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home